IT Systems Administrator
Our client, a nationally-recognized Windsor-based manufacturing organization has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator with IBM iSeries AS400 experience to join their team on a permanent basis. Responsibilities include maintenance and administration of IBM iSeries AS400 including message handling command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration, system security, backup and restore, file transfer integration and PTF management. The successful candidate will be able to solve technically challenging problems, have excellent prioritizing skills and is able to multitask.
- Assist in daily administration of IBM iSeries computer hardware and software.
- Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM iSeries hardware, software, networked devices, journaling, and IBM iAccess software.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- Load and test operating system and application software releases and fixes in both development/test and productions environments; load application software patches; performance and file tuning utilities.
- Document and implement application specific security groups and classes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least five (5) years’ hands-on experience supporting IBM iSeries environments in a corporate environment.
- 3 years - Vendor management experience including telecom and application providers.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Understanding of internal controls and change management processes.
- Skill in solving technically challenging problems involving IBM iSeries based application and hardware issues.
- Skill in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships and promoting teamwork
- Working knowledge of CL and RPG programming languages is preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing salary expectations and describing how your experience meets each of the above qualifications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application - IT Systems Administrator”