Sales Account Manager, Distribution
Our client, a healthcare distribution company located in North Toronto is seeking an Account Manager in distribution to build and maintain strong, long-lasting sales relationships with key accounts. The successful candidate solves complex problems with high-level analysis, liaises between customers and cross-functional internal teams, identifies new sales opportunities, and meets assigned sales targets for assigned accounts.
This is a six-month contract with potential extension to full-time position reporting to the General Manager.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned Distributor accounts, and supporting their major sales activities.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts, in the meantime, proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates account needs on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies new sales opportunities within existing distributor accounts through up-selling and cross-selling.
- Provides training to distributors in the development and delivery of sales tools, including proposal generator, presentations, sales calls, etc.
- Coordinates the involvement of company functional departments, including Support, Service, R&D, Marketing, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and distributors’ expectations.
- Works functional departments across the company facilities and at HQ in China, to support and participate in product planning functions in relate to the key accounts, including new product development, existing product enhancement, 510(K) clearance project support, etc.
- Assists in conducting market, competition and trend analysis. Assists in developing and executing marketing programs, surveys, and product rollout roadmap. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of industry activity and participate in relevant industry segments.
- Identifies new partners for conventional and niche market opportunities.
- Works with various functional teams in North America in streamlining the logistic and service support for distributors and customers.
- Manages sales forecast and inventory planning to ensure sales order fulfillment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or above degree in Bio-chemistry, Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering. IVD background preferred.
- Fluency in both verbal and writing English and Mandarin.
- A minimum of 4+ years of proven account management, distribution sales or relevant skills, preferably IVD or medical devices.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at C-level and multi-departmental middle management executives is highly desirable, and at professional and business functions.
- Experience in building Excel/Access models in consumable usage and inventory management on products with shelf-life is desirable.
- Experience in market research and analysis is preferred.
- Project management skill is desirable.
- A measurable track record of success in consistently meeting established objectives.
- Ability to travel extensively to attend trade shows, conferences and meetings. (up to 40%)
- Result driven, willing to work at odd hours and outside the job description and outside job boundaries.
- Knowledge of computer applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong self-learning, time management skills and attention to details.
- Excellent analytical, training and motivational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing salary expectations and describing how your experience meets each of the above qualifications directly to email@example.com. Please put the LSC Reference Number in the subject line. Reference #LSC354