Our client, is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist with over five years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or procurement. This position is contract with an opportunity for full time.
- Identify areas of cost savings for the organization by working with business units and conducting spend analysis.
- Conduct an opportunity assessment to identify opportunities, implement change, reduce costs and streamline the procurement process for identified opportunities.
- Present recommendations for improvement outlining impact and advantages of options.
- Plan and lead approved strategic sourcing opportunities with business units.
- Plan and lead RFP’s and vendor selection process with suppliers.
- Work with corporate staff and business units to ensure smooth project implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree and strategic sourcing or procurement designation
- Minimum five years in strategic sourcing and/or procurement
- Project management experience is an asset
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems and eProcurement systems is preferred
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines and remain on budget
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing salary expectations and describing how your experience meets each of the above qualifications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the LSC Reference Number in the subject line. Reference #LSC358